Monday, January 5, 2015

Pinspirations: Easter Spread

Good morning, everyone! Today I am starting a new series on my blog called Pinspirations. I am relatively new to Pinterest. Last week was the first time I ever made something I had pinned. I mostly use Pinterest to post artwork from this blog, but I wanted to try creating artwork inspired by other's pins. All of the original pins for this series can be found on my scrapbook pages ideas board. These are all single page designs that I have turned into double page spreads using CTMH products.

For my first project, I used a page title "I Love Fall", to create a spread for Easter 2014.


I really liked how the original mixed different bold B&T papers to create a fall friendly color scheme. I used the retired Free to Be Me paper pack to draw out bold, spring colors. 


For page two of the spread, I kept the design simple using four 4x4 photos on top of an overlay from Cricut Artbooking. 


I carried the B&T paper from the left side onto the right and added the washi tape along the bottom to make the pages cohesive.


On the left page, I created a cluster embellishment using a bunny icon from the Celebrate with Flourish Cricut cartridge. This cartridge features layered titles and coordinating icons for several different holidays.


Since the left page is very graphics heavy, I kept the embellishments on the right page very simple. I stamped the little chick from the Cuddly Salutations Hostess Exclusive stamp set on a 2in circle. I colored the chic using markers and used a sponge dauber to create the sky and grass.


Happy Scrapping, My Artsy Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment