Sunday, January 4, 2015

All About Mixing Paper Packs

Hello again! I have always loved mixing bold B&T papers together to create a layout. One of the best things about CTMH's exclusive color palette is that literally all of our paper packs can be mixed together to create a whole new B&T mixture.

To create these mixtures, I first choose paper packs that share at least one color. (Pro tip: The zip ties on our paper lists the featured colors of each pack. Both the retired Skylark paper pack and the current Chalk It Up paper pack share several colors. Additionally, the retired Free to Be Me paper pack contains several sheets of cardstock with a faint pattern in that same color, Lagoon.


For the layout pattern, I used the Make It From the Heart Vol. 2 guide, but I changed a few aspects of the original design to optimize my B&T mixing. The final product is a super cute layout for my son's swimming lessons.




The Sorbet mat on the left page adds a pop of color to a mostly blue hued layout. I also used a touch of flaxen B&T from the Free to Be Me paper pack. Essentially, this layout contains B&T from three different paper packs, but they all work together seamlessly!

Ingredients: Chalk It Up (G1081), White Daisy Cardstock (1385), Sorbet Cardstock (X5751), Seaside Workshop on the Go Stamp Set Only (G1089), One Way Boarders (C1561), Chalk It Up Compliments (X7184C), Aqua Dots (Z1853)

Happy Scrapping, My Artsy Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment