Thursday, January 8, 2015

Pinspiration: Splash Pad

Good morning, everyone! Welcome to Day Four of my Pinspirations blog series. I am relatively new to Pinterest. Last week was the first time I ever made something I had pinned. I mostly use Pinterest to post artwork from this blog, but I wanted to try creating artwork inspired by other's pins. All of the original pins for this series can be found on my scrapbook pages ideas board. These are all single page designs that I have turned into double page spreads using CTMH products.

For today's spread, I took a single page birthday layout from Joann Fabrics, and created a double page layout for my son's first trip to the Splash Pad.


I really liked the sunburst on this layout, but I wanted to do a full sun and eliminate the journaling space. I used the Cricut Artbooking cartridge set to real dial size for the sunburst, and cut it on some retired Babycakes paper. I picked my colors based on the Scrapping Buckeye Babes January Color Challenge: Pacifica, Lagoon, Canary, Cocoa and White Daisy.


For the second page, I used four 3x3 square photos and one 6x4 vertical photo. 


In order to create a more cohesive look, I carried the vellum, pennant banner, and dovetail banner through both pages.


To embellish the pages, I used pennant cuts from Art Philosophy stamped with Bodacious Banners and some flourishes to mimic the water spray. The wave and title are cut from Cricut Artbooking.



By far, this is my favorite layout I have ever completed! I think it is super colorful and adorable! I had a lot of fun working on it!

Happy Scrapping, My Artsy Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment