Monday, January 12, 2015

Pinspiration: July 4th

Good afternoon, everyone! Welcome to Day Five of my Pinspirations blog series. I am relatively new to Pinterest. Last week was the first time I ever made something I had pinned. I mostly use Pinterest to post artwork from this blog, but I wanted to try creating artwork inspired by other's pins. All of the original pins for this series can be found on my scrapbook pages ideas board.

For today's spread, I took a single page design celebrating fall and used it to create a single page celebrating July 4th. I actually have three pages total for the 4th of July, but the other two specifically focus on my son.


I really liked all of the fun layers on this page, but I wasn't too keen on the placement of the photos. I spread them out slightly, so they were not overlapping as much. And instead of having a large B&T on top of a 12x12 cardstock, I created  an overlay using Cricut Artbooking.


The fireworks accent came from Cricut Artbooking, as well. I really like the way it looks like it is exploding from behind the photo.


For the banner, I cut the pieces using Cricut Art Philosophy and stamped them with All the Details. The font stamp is the retired Circus Alphabet. The "4th" is cut using the fancy font on Cricut Art Philosophy.


Happy Scrapping, My Artsy Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment