Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Pinspiration: Mother's Day Layout

Good morning, everyone! Welcome to Day Three of my Pinspirations blog series. I am relatively new to Pinterest. Last week was the first time I ever made something I had pinned. I mostly use Pinterest to post artwork from this blog, but I wanted to try creating artwork inspired by other's pins. All of the original pins for this series can be found on my scrapbook pages ideas board. These are all single page designs that I have turned into double page spreads using CTMH products.

For today's spread I took a single page Spring inspired layout to make a double page Mother's Day spread.


I really liked the way this layout featured several B&T papers to create a simple background. I absolutely love the retired Lollydoodle paper pack, but I haven't had an opportunity to use it much. I have a son, so most of my scrapbooks of late have been using color schemes that avoid pinks. But since this was MY day, and pink is my favorite color this was the perfect opportunity! 


For the second page of the layout, I decided to carry that same design through, but with two smaller pictures. And, I used the zip ties to frame the photos.



Since the design carries through both pages, the bold B&T background does not distract from the photos in the forefront.



To embellish the pages, I created a cluster embellishment on the right page using stamping, stitching, washi tape, and some items from my stash.


In the end, this was a great way to use up some super girly paper I've had laying around for awhile now, and use it to create something to showcase my second Mother's Day!

Happy Scrapping, My Artsy Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment