Sunday, January 25, 2015

Triple Layer Stamping

Hello again! My very first ever blog post was a demonstration on Triple Layer Stamping. Well, I am bringing back the technique to complete another Heart 2 Heart Challenge. This time the challenge was a color challenge, assigned by birthday. I have a December birthday, so I needed to create something featuring the color Ponderosa Pine. This was a challenge for me, because I don't regularly use this color in my artwork. It never seems to fit, because I either need a deeper green, or I need a brighter green. Ponderosa Pine is somewhere between forest green and green, like a pine tree! So, here is what I came up with.

So, Triple Layer Stamping is a technique that makes a big impact without a lot of work. The Ponderosa Pine Cardstock (layer bases) is cut at 5.25 x 4, 4.75 x 3.5, and 4.25 x 3. You'll want to set these aside until you've finished stamping.

The White Daisy Cardstock is cut at 5 x 3.75, 4.5 x 3.25, and 4 x 2.75. Taking these three pieces, you will glue them together with a removable adhesive. (I use painter's tape rolled up on the backs.)

Choose you image to stamp. For this card I used A Budding Friendship. When you stamp, stamp across the layers of the three pieces. Remove the tape, and adhere the layers to the cardstock bases. *Note, I forgot to take a picture before I put the layer bases on. You do not stamp with these bases in place!


After I layered the card, I added some hemp twine and button to create a sort of ribbon. I also added gold gemstones to the flowers to give the card some bling. Lastly, I added a "Just Because" sentiment stamped in Cocoa that I heat embossed.



Important: 
  • Make sure you do not mix up the direction the paper is positioned when you remove the tape. This will cause your final product to line up incorrectly.
  • I also recommend using a thick cardstock as your card base. CTMH White Daisy or Colonial White both work perfectly for this. I do not recommend using our premade card bases for this particular technique, because the card is quite heavy, and the bases cannot support it as well.

For more information about Heart 2 Heart click here.

Ingredients: White Daisy Cardstock (1385), Ponderosa Pine Cardstock (1276), Ponderosa Pine Ink (Z2145), Saddle Ink (Z2171), Bling Gem Gold Assortment (Z2023), A Budding Friendship Stamp Set (D1602)

Happy Scrapping, My Artsy Friends!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Simple technique but looks complicated. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking a look! This was definitely a challenge for me! :)

      Delete
  2. This is a really cool idea, I love it. I am going to have to try it in one of my next cards. Good luck in your Heart 2 Heart challenge. My birthday month is also December but I will be submitting a Holiday card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue! I hope my instructions were understandable. You can find videos on Youtube, and on my first blog post. Good luck to you, as well!

      Delete
  3. Great technique and card, April!!! So glad you played along with the H2H Birthday Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the triple layer stamping! I love the colours! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    Brandi R.
    H2H DT member
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great quick tutorial! I've always wondered how to do this and now I know! Thanks for sharing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you found it useful! I love this style of card, because it creates a big impact. And, the more you do, the easier it gets!

      Delete