Saturday, January 3, 2015

Fun with Artbooking

Happy New Year, Scrappers! I've been scrapping a lot this week, so be on the lookout for several new posts dedicated to scrapbooking!

For today's post, I decided to tackle a flashback to my high school marching band days with a layout that uses the Cricut Artbooking cartridge. I cannot tell you enough how much I absolutely love this cartridge! Not only does it double as a font, the cartridge features complete double page layout features. So, with the touch of a single key set to the suggested size, you can cut every piece you'll need to create some fantastic layouts. I like to mix and match the layout keys to give it a totally unique look.

For these pages, I used the Teen Layout icons found on page 81 of the guide. It looks like this:


Here is my finished layout.





My school colors were green, white, and gray, so I featured all of those colors in the spread. The green sunburst on the right page is cut on a piece of paper from the Paper Fundamentals pack in Ponderosa Pine. The rest of the icons are cut using slate cardstock.

This page also features two icons (French horn and "Marching Band") cut from the Cricut Quarter Note cartridge. This is a great cartridge for music lovers. It features a great deal of instruments, titles, and music notes, and is also a font cartridge.


This layout features very simple cuts that make a bold, cohesive statement, and celebrate my favorite part of high school!

Ingredients: Cricut Artbooking (Z1906), White Daisy Cardstock (1385), Slate Cardstock (X5930), Paper Fundamentals Enchantment Assortment (Z2031), Silver Shimmer Trim (Z1799)

Happy Scrapping, My Artsy Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment