Sunday, July 6, 2014

Christmas Shaker Card: Freshly Made Sketches 143

Hello all! This is my first time playing along with a Freshly Made Sketches challenge sketch. Here is the sketch for this challenge:


For this challenge, I decided to try a Christmas shaker card. I used the Close to My Heart retired Sparkle and Shine paper pack.

The sentiment stamp on the front is part of CTMH retired Poster Tidings stamp set. And, the ornament is from CTMH Trim the Tree. I added the glitzy red washi tape trim to give it a kick. The sequins give a fun noise when the card is shaken. 

For the inside, I used the circle cut out and another sentiment.


Want to make your own shaker card? Create a circle cut out in a 4x5in square. I used Cricut Craftroom, so that I could line it up the way I wanted. Then, using a sturdy cardstock (I recommend white daisy from CTMH) cut to about 3in, and a sturdy plastic sheeting (like transparency paper) create the shaker. You'll need to put foam tape on the cardstock, fill it with the sequins, and then top with the transparency. A good tip for attaching it to the A2 card base is to use foam tape, so that your shaker will be evenly raised all around the card.

More information about Freshly Made Sketches: http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com/

Ingredients: white daisy cardstock (1385), red shimmer trim (Z1848), topiary ink (Z2155), cranberry ink (Z2116), Trim the Tree stamp set (A1149), Cricut Art Philosophy (Z1686).

Happy Scrapping, my artsy friends!

4 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea to use the sketch to make a shaker card! This is such a fun and festive card. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I had so much fun with this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great design! Love how you used the sketch. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much! It was my first time playing along. I really enjoyed the sketch!

    ReplyDelete