Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Swing Life Away

Good morning, scrappers! I am having hand surgery today, so today will be my last post for at least a week.

I've been working on finishing up my family's 2014 album. Our big family vacation last year was a trip to Florida to visit our extended family. One of those days, we took our son to the park. He LOVES the swings! I have a lot of pictures from that park trip, but they are all pretty much the same. So, I decided to do a single page layout, and combine it with another single page layout.



For this completely original design, I busted out my sacred stash of Later Sk8r paper, and used some of the Later Sk8r Picture My Life Cards to title and embellish the page. I love using PML cards for embellishments, because they coordinate perfectly with our paper packs and give a great graphic feel. I especially love that they can now be purchased without the page protectors!!!



For the top of the page, I chose three pictures that show the motions of the swings, and then staggered them to mimic the swing. I actually popped up the middle picture to give the page some dimension.



The "happy" stamp is from the Here We Go Stamp set. I added an eyelet with some retired twine. The "warning" stamp is part of the Later Sk8r WOTG. The sunburst behind the middle picture is cut from Artbooking.



I'm kind of obsessed with creating little banners as embellishments. This one was cut from Art Philosophy and then stamped using both the retired Babycakes WOTG and the current All the Details stamp sets. I used the same retired twine to string the banner.


Ingredients:



Happy Scrapping, My Artsy Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment