Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Seeing Green

Happy St. Patrick's Day! This month's color challenge for my upline's team is to use at least two of the CTMH's greens. This pairs perfectly with this week's Heart 2 Heart Challenge: Green with Envy.

When I was in high school, I played softball. My high school colors were green, white, and gray. So, I decided this was the perfect challenge to scrap my senior year team. The greens I used were Topiary, New England Ivy, and Sweet Leaf (retired Skylark paper).


For the left page, I used an overlay from the Artbooking cartridge. Instead of setting the size to 11in, as normal, I set it to 9in.


To mat to picture, I dry embossed topiary using a honeycomb folder, which I filed to reveal more white. And, then I filed the edges of New England Ivy, as well.


I kept the right page simple by creating a plain overlay using Topiary.


To embellish, I created a small cluster using cuts from the Boys will be Boys Cricut cartridge and some stamping.



For more info on Heart to Heart visit them here.


Happy Scrapping, My Artsy Friends!

5 comments:

  1. Great green layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job! I love it! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC)!

    Brandi R
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brandi, Thanks for looking. Are you a team member for H2H, as well? I didn't submit this for AHSC. I don't think it is eligible. Thanks again!

      Delete
  3. Awesome use of all of our different greens, April! Love your layouts :). Glad you could play along with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Allison! I've really enjoyed the challenges!

      Delete