Sunday, February 8, 2015

Pinspiration: Zoo Day

Time for another Pinspiration! For this layout, I tackled two techniques at one time! I used Pinterest to create the layout on the left page. AND, I was diligent in stash busting and used some paper I had left over from my son's baby album. So, while all of the cardstock and most of the embellishments are CTMH, the B&T paper is Paper Studio from Hobby Lobby.


I absolutely love the way the original design combines brightly colored B&Ts to make a bold statement. I chose to use a more earth-toned color palette to appropriately match the zoo theme.


For the cluster embellishment, I got a little creative, and used scraps from the paper itself, using three circle punches and some fussy cutting. The title was cut using the Cricut Artbooking cartridge, and I wielded it together in Cricut Craftroom. The other embellishments are all retired CTMH.


For the right page, I used the same mat design from the left page, and created my own layout for my remaining four photos. I wanted to mirror the layered design from the left page, as well.


To embellish this page, I used a 2in circle punch to tuck behind the film strip.


All and all, I think this layout is very fun and whimsical, much like the zoo carousel we rode that day! Plus, it was a great opportunity to use some paper and embellishments I have had for a few years by mixing them with some CTMH cardstock. 

Happy Scrapping, My Artsy Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment