Monday, February 16, 2015

Black and White with a Touch of Blue: Engagement Card

On Valentines' Day, my brother got engaged to his loving girlfriend. To celebrate the occasion, I made them a congratulations card. I wanted to create a very understated card that had a touch of elegance. So, I chose to create an entirely black and white card with the simplest touch of something blue.


I used a White Daisy card base with a Black mat. Then I cut two pieces of White Daisy cardstock measuring 3.75x3in and 3.75x2in. I embossed these pieces using my Cuddlebug. The top piece is embossed using the CTMH heart embossing folder. The bottom piece uses a Cuddlebug folder from the Decorative Tile Set. The blue cardstock is a retired CTMH color.


I stamped the Blooming Heart mini stamp using Black pigment ink first. Then I used clear embossing powder to heat emboss it. This created a nice thick guide and barrier when I colored the flowers in the light blue color. Notice that I left all of the leaves white, because I did not want to add another color to the card, but I still wanted to differentiate them from the flowers in the design. I also added two little black flourishes around the image.


For the bottom panel, I dug through my stash of lace trim, leftover from my wedding scrapbook. The trim is from Hobby Lobby about four years ago, and is glued down using CTMH Liquid Glass.


For the inside of the card, I wanted to add a sentiment, since the front of the card doesn't have one. So, I used the Happy Couple stamp set to stamp a simple Congratulations in Black.

Ingredients: White Daisy Cardstock (1385), Black Cardstock (1386), Heart Embossing Folder (Z3018), Blooming Heart (M1049), The Happy Couple (D1539), Sparkles Black Flourishes- Small (Z1916), Basics Mini Pigment Assortment (Z2503), Black Ink (Z2105), Clear Embossing Powder (Z2088), Craft Heater (Z555), Liquid Glass (Z679)

Happy Scrapping, My Artsy Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment