Saturday, September 6, 2014

Vintage April

Since I have finished my little man's scrapbook, I decided to create a scrapbook for my own childhood. Today, I created my first page for my book. I used the retired paper pack Chantilly, Yuletide Carol, and some DCWV brand burlap paper to create this original layout.

I started with a sheet of Colonial White cardstock. Using a CTMH spray pen, I spritz the paper with New England Ivy Re-Inker mixed with water. I let the paper set over night to dry.


After the paper had dried, I basically began laying out the layers until I had the look I had envisioned. Because I wasn't working from a sketch, I took a picture of the look the way I wanted it, used a pencil to mark the placement of each layer, and then removed the pieces to distress the edges with Chocolate ink and a dauber.



 I totally adore this picture of me, and I love how the burlap paper not only enhances the browns in the photo, but also adds to the vintage element.


To embellish the page, I tore some retired Skylark fabric to create this bow.


Then, I created a cluster embellishment using the Chantilly stamp set, All the Details stamp set, some bronze shimmer trim, and a craft store flower brad. I set the embellishment on an area where I "painted" in Chocolate with a dauber.


In the end, I think this is a cute page to show off one of my favorite pictures of myself. On a side note, I am about the same age in this picture as my son is now. It is amazing how much we look alike. That is one of the things I love about scrapbooking! It is just fun rediscovering family traits!

Ingredients: Colonial White Cardstock (1388), Yuletide Carol paper pack (X7187B), White Daisy Cardstock (1385), All the Details stamp set (D1555), Bronze Shimmer Trim (Z1849), Olive ink (Z2137), Outdoor Denim ink (Z2140), Chocolate ink (Z2111), New England Ivy re-inker (Z2235), spray pens (Z1380), daubers (Z1938), Cricut Art Philosophy (Z1686)

Happy Scrapping, My Artsy Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment