Thursday, September 4, 2014

September Stamp of the Month: Autumn Card

Autumn is my absolute favorite season. As a military wife, I have been moved many places that don't see the beautiful colors of Autumn. But, now that we are in Ohio, I get to enjoy it once again! It is still pretty hot here, but as it is now September, the season of bright colors, warm sweaters, and pumpkin spice everything is upon us. The September Stamp of the Month is perfect for celebrating this season.

This stamp, which is only $5 with a $50 purchase can actually celebrate Autumn or Spring, but I chose to use it to create a card for my favorite season.

I stamped the gorgeous tree in Saddle on Colonial White cardstock, which I then matted with Kraft paper on a Colonial White card base. I distressed my edges using Chocolate on a dauber. But, the most interesting part of this card is the leaf pattern.

I cut the leaves using the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge. The leaf images are all cut at 1in. I used scraps from the Pathfinding paper pack to cut them out. This gave the card some really fun colors. I also stamped the heart from the tree in Barn Red, fussy cut it, and added it on top of the original heart with foam tape.



The "Warm Wishes" sentiment is from the Happy Hexagons Hostess Rewards stamp set. I stamped it in chocolate over top the bottom of the images to add another layer of dimension. And, there you have it! An easy, Autumn card!

Ingredients: Colonial White cardstock (1388), Kraft paper (Z1375), Pathfinding paper pack (X7186B), Family Is Forever- September Stamp of the Month (S1409), Happy Hexagons Hostess Rewards Stamp (Hostess Rewards), Barn Red Ink (Z2104), Chocolate Ink (Z2111), Saddle Ink (Z2171), Daubers (Z1938), Cricut Art Philosophy (Z1686)

Happy Scrapping, My Artsy Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment