Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Bargello Technique for Card Making

I started a monthly card swap recently. For the month of August I tasked the members to complete a card using the Bargello technique. Bargello is actually a type of needlework that creates a some really fun line patterns. I found a tutorial to complete this technique for papercrafting on Splitcoast Stampers. You can find this specific tutorial here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/bargello/.

I made my card using the retired Laughing Lola paper pack. And, I basically followed the tutorial above to the letter.


I embellished with some teal shimmer trim and stamping. The notebook paper was cut using the Cricut Artbooking cartridge and then stamped with the coordinating stamp set. The "You Are the Best" sentiment is from a retired stamp set. I colored it with ShinHan Twin Touch markers.

I had some challenges with this technique, because the small pieces didn't want to stay glued down. I found that the best adhesive for this technique was a wet adhesive, because it was easier to cut through. Since I had to use a wet adhesive, I had to let everything dry fully, so there was a lot of waiting around. I am happy with the results, but if I try this again, I may try running the small pieces through a sticker creator. 

Ingredients: Cricut Artbooking (Z1906), Teal Shimmer Trim (Z1918), ShinHan Twin Touch Markers (here)

Happy Scrapping, My Artsy Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment