Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Using Embossing Powders

I am new to the world of embossing. I have had a Cuttlebug for a few months, so I have done dry embossing using embossing folders, like this:

Since, Close to My Heart brought back embossing powders with the Annual Inspirations catalog, I decided to try it out. To use our embossing powder you will need VersaMark watermarking ink, embossing powder (I used white for this card), and a craft heater.



I used a retired stamp set from the Frosted Workshop on the Go to create a fun B&T using embossed snowflakes. Here is the result:



I accented the card with our gold shimmer trim.

And, used a card from the Picture My Life (PML) Pear & Partridge Scrapbooking Program to create the sentiment.

To give the card dimension, I used foam tape to pop up the PML card. I also added an eyelet and twine to give it a tag look.

Things I learned from my first time embossing with powder: 
  • Open the powder for the first time over a trash can, because powder shifts during shipping.
  • Make sure to knock off all excess powder, or you will end up with a smudge.
  • Don't touch the stamped images, because it will smear.
  • The paper gets hot. (This should a no-brainer, but apparently, I was too excited to care. OUCH!)
  • Embossing is super fun! 

Ingredients: Picture My Life Pear & Partridge (Z2017), Cranberry Cardstock (1272), VersaMark Watermaking Ink (Z891), White Embossing Powder (Z2068), Craft Heater (Z555), Gold shimmer Trim (Z1985), White Card Bases (X254)

Happy Scrapping, My Artsy Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment