Saturday, July 11, 2015

Life Is *NOT* a Picinc

Hello there, readers! This week's Heart to Heart Challenge is Life Is a Picnic. I thought a lot about this challenge, and decided to turn this theme on it's head and document something that proves life isn't always a picnic.

In March, shortly before my son turned two he had his first scary accident. He was jumping on our sectional where the two pieces meet when he fell and hit the corner with his eye. It resulted in a black eye that swelled and darkened quickly. It was pretty scary, but he was back to playing in no time. He's a tough cookie!


The perfect paper pack for this was the retired Later Sk8er, which is a personal favorite of mine. I accented the page with Later Sk8er Picture My Life cards (RETIRING SOON!).


I also used the July Stamp of the Month Life is Wonderful to create the title for the page. The sticker letters are from the My Crush Holiday Happenings Assortment. 


And, as typical for my pages, I used All the Details to create a fun banner.


Ingredients:
Happy Scrapping, My Artsy Friends!

12 comments:

  1. Great layout. And its true, life is not always a picnic. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you represented how life really is... "Not Always" a Picnic. I also love that you incorporated the stamp of the month on your layout. Great work. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for looking, Angela. And, welcome to the DT!

      Delete
  3. Awwww, glad your little guy is okay! What a great way to document the "real-ness" of Life! I LOVE the way you did your title- with the arrow to add the "NOT". Very cute! I'm glad you played along at Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for looking, Heather! Sometimes we scrapbook life's picnics, forget the real moments. I don't want to miss anything in my little guy's life, even the bruises.

      Delete
  4. Great photos, great story and great paper add up to an awesome layout! Thanks for sharing at Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for looking, Laurie! I am kind of obsessed with Later Sk8er! I hoard it like crazy!

      Delete
  5. What a brilliant take on the prompt, as the mother of two young boys your page really strikes a chord with me. life is not always a picnic for sure, and I love how you have captured the not so great moments too. Thanks for sharing with us at H2H Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for looking! Ironically, he earned his second black eye today. Boys!

      Delete
  6. You are so right and it is great to document that not so pretty moments as well. I love that you showcased this little blip in his life! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H)!

    Brandi R
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, again! I think it is important to scrapbook all the moments, because eventually they're all seem important.

      Delete