Thursday, May 28, 2015

Thanksgiving Spread with Limited Stamping

Close to My Heart has so many awesome stamps that it is really easy to forget our other great coordinating products. I created this Thanksgiving spread with very limited stamping. Instead of stamping accents, I used the Pathfinding Complements, which are coordinating chipboard shapes. If you are new to papercrafting, these shapes are perfect for you, because they are relatively inexpensive, and they really add texture and dimension to the pages. If you have reached expert status, these shapes will still complement your pages beautifully!


I actually found a similar design to this on Pinterest, but it was created using digital scrapbooking, which I do not do, so I had to figure out the dimensions of the design by myself.


For the left page, I used the chipboard to title, accent, and journal the page.


I added some stamping in the top right corner to accent the background of the page. The stamping here is absolutely unnecessary. If you're a regular follower of my blog, you know that I really love layers and texture, so for me this sort of background is typical.


For the right page, I kept things really simple by adding large photos and a 2in strip of the B&T paper. If you want to recreate this layout, the strips on the left are 10in wide, and they are 2in wide on the right.


Again on the right page, I added the background stamping, and created a small cluster with the only other stamping on this page. This stamping could totally be swapped out for more chipboard. (Side note: how handsome is my husband!!!)


I also created a chipboard cluster under the 4x4 photo. In order to put them behind the photo, I used foam tape to pop the photo up. You'll notice I have some glue leakage here. I discovered after I created this cluster that the regular ATG tape will stick these pieces down just fine. 


Ingredients:
Happy Scrapping, My Artsy Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment