Thursday, April 30, 2015

Sunsets on the Pier: Another Seaside Layout

As if you haven't noticed, I kind of love the Seaside paper pack! This is my final layout from the pack. I hope you can also see how far this paper really goes. I was able to get quite a few layouts by adding in some extra cardstock and Picture My Life cards.

For this layout, I decided to use a sketch from Make It From the Heart Vol. 2. I have long admired this design, but didn't really have the right pictures for it. This layout calls for really small photos (2.25x2.25 and 1.5x1.5), so the photos need to be easily cropped. I have my own photo printer, so I can resize photos before trimming, but I highly recommend Studio J for this purpose. Studio J allows you to create prints in a variety of sizes. Check it out here.


The original design for this layout is supposed to be a CAS sketch, which uses a lot of white (negative) space. But, that's not really how I roll, so I added some embellishments, a zip tie, and an extra picture.


This family selfie was too hard to size much smaller than this, so I made it part of a cluster embellishment in the black space on the right page, and added a sweet PML card as a caption.


For the left page, I added some journaling and stamping to highlight the event. We were watching the sunset at Pier 60 in Clearwater, Fl, so I hid a little sun to signify the setting. The journaling spot is from the Seaside Complements set.


I also stamped this adorable checklist, because this was the last day of our trip. The stamp originally said "Summer List", but we were in Florida in September. So, I covered the title with masking tape before stamping.


For the right page, I hid another sunset and added some of the new sequins.


Ingredients:
Happy Scrapping, My Artsy Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment