Monday, October 13, 2014

Celebrate Love and the Happy Couple

Tomorrow, I am having surgery on my right hand, so this will be my last blog post for at least a week. Thanks to all of my regular followers. I appreciate the love!

For my last crafting day before my surgery, I created my first ever wedding card! Recently, I started a cardmaking group at my church. We were asked to create wedding cards for couples who marry in our church. I created this card for a happy couple due to marry at the end of this month.


I used paper from the Yuletide Carol and Seaside paper packs to create this card. I also used two of our beautiful wedding stamp sets: Celebrate Love and the Happy Couple. The cake is embossed with clear embossing powder to give it a nice shine, and then I added some bling to the center tier to give it some dimension.


The sentiment is from the Celebrate Love stamp set. I used markers to color in the flowers of the design. The sentiment is set onto a mini cluster embellishment that includes a vellum heart sticker from my stash, a small flourish, and silver shimmer trim.


For the inside of the card, I stamped a simple sentiment from the Happy Couple stamp set.

I also entered this card in this month's Take Heart Ideas challenge

Ingredients: Celebrate Love Stamp Set (B1459), Happy Couple Stamp Set (D1539), Yuletide Carol Paper Pack (X7187B), Seaside Paper Pack (X7192B), Silver Shimmer Trim (Z1799), Bitty Sparkles (Z1263), Sparkles Clear Flourish (Z1812), Glacier Ink (Z2641), Black Ink (Z2105)

Happy Scrapping, My Artsy Friends! See you in a week!

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful. I almost bought the stamps that you used on the wedding cake tiers. I also love the extra embellishment on the bottom right. Thank you so much for joining Take Heart Ideas.

    ReplyDelete