Friday, August 15, 2014

Quilling: Thinking of You Card

Quilling is a papercrafting technique using a quilling tool and strips of paper to create shapes. Close to My Heart's quilling tool can be used with our Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge, which has several spiraled flower images for you to cut.


I decided to attempt quilling for the first time using these tools, two different stamp sets, and the Yuletide paper pack. This is the card I created.




As you can see from the pictures, I chose a rose pattern from Art Philosophy. The flowers were cut at various sizes between .75in and 2in. I discovered that my Cricut mat needed to be very sticky in order for the flowers not to tear as the machine cut them. I also learned that the smaller flowers were harder to keep from tearing. Pro tip: I slowed my cut speed on the Cricut to three (3). That kept the paper from tearing as much.


The leaves were created using a Budding Friendship stamp set. I then colored the leaves with our new markers! I used a blending technique, so that the leaves are darker around the edges. Our new markers allow for seamless blending, and the color is very rich.

Just to give you a better idea of what the Yuletide Workshop on the Go looks like, check out the pictures below. As you can see, the design is meant to put you in the holiday spirit. But, as my card demonstrates, you are not limited to a Christmas design.



Ingredients: Yuletide Workshop of the Go (G1084), Barn Red Cardstock (X5637), Black Cardstock (1386), Colonial White Cards & Envelopes Value Pack (X254), Sincere Expressions Stamp Set (A1146), A Budding Friendship Stamp Set (D1602), Ponderosa Pine Ink Pad (Z2145), Barn Red Ink Pad (Z2104), ShinHan Touch Twin Leaf Green Marker (Z2454), ShinHan Touch Twin Sap Green Marker (Z2463), Quilling Tool (Z1795), Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge (Z1686)

Happy Scrapping, My Artsy Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment