Friday, July 22, 2016

A Kiddie Halloween

One of my absolute favorite yearly events to scrapbook is Halloween. I think part of it is that I love the colors associated with it, but it's also because we have so much fun as a family celebrating Halloween. Last year, my oldest son and I attended a Halloween party for our Early Childhood PTA. Let me tell you how adorable it is to have a costume party with toddlers. For Halloween, my son was a rocket ship and I was the Moon. I made both of our costume, and you can view them better here. For this two page layout, I mixed two retired CTMH Halloween paper packs, Scaredy Cat and Nevermore.


For the left page, I used a spiderweb cut from the Artbooking and some fussy cut stamps from the retired Little Monsters stamp set to embellish. 


I actually had this spiderweb left over from another project, so this worked as a stash buster for me, as well. I never throw out extra cuts, because I can usually find another project for them!


The thing I loved about this stamp set was that the monsters look like kids, which was perfect for this design. I hand colored the images using blending markers. 


For the right page, I cut the title from the Mini Monsters Cricut Cartridge. I think this cartridge maybe retired, which is a shame, because it's really awesome!


Here again, I mixed embellishments from the two retired paper packs.



Ingredients: Unfortunately, all of these products are retired, but you can view all current products here.

Happy Scrapping, My Artsy Friends!

10 comments:

  1. What an adorable Halloween layout! I love the mix of papers and those bold Cricut cuts. Thanks for sharing with us at H2H challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for looking! I love me some Cricut cuts!

      Delete
  2. This was my favorite Halloween Stamp set, great throwback and layout! Thanks for sharing with us at Heart2Heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. It is also my favorite Halloween set!

      Delete
  3. What a fabulous layout! I love how you added sparkles here and there. Thank you for inspiring us at Between The Folds Bi-Weekly Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This layout is so fun & fabulous! Awesome use of all elements from yor cuts, stamps, and mixed paper & embellishments, and a truly special memory is preserved. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Between The Folds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I absolutely love scrapping Halloween. It is always fun and colorful.

      Delete
  5. I love it, I love those little trick or treaters, adorable! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this layout. So cute! Great way to use that striped paper, too!

    ReplyDelete