Monday, June 22, 2015

June H2H Guest Designer: Let Them Eat Cake

Hello there, Artsy Friends! I am truly honored to be Heart 2 Heart Challenges Guest Designer for the month of June 2015! Heart 2 Heart is a challenge blog for projects that feature Close to My Heart products. A new project is posted every Monday, and you have the rest of the month to complete the projects.

Welcome to my last design as a Guest Designer for H2H. This week's theme is Let Them Eat Cake. In May, my son and I decorated cookies with the Strongsville Early Childhood PTA. My son is two, so frosting cookies was more about eating the sugary frosting than actually completing the task.


For the left page, I drew inspiration from Pinterest. I used the Taste of Summer May campaign paper to create the whimsical look.


I love the colors of this paper. They're really bright and fun. Perfect for this design.


To embellish, I used a retired stamp set that is all about cupcakes. I know we were making cookies, but I felt these would still add to the page.



For the right page, I layered some more of the paper, and added four 2x3 pictures.


The splat on both pages is a Tim Holtz stencil. I used Gypsy ink sponged on using a finger dauber.


Ingredients:

Happy Scrapping, My Artsy Friends! And, thanks for joining me this month as H2H's Guest Designer! It has been such a fun experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment