Monday, June 15, 2015

June H2H Guest Designer: Man, Oh Man

Hello there, Artsy Friends! I am truly honored to be Heart 2 Heart Challenges Guest Designer for the month of June 2015! Heart 2 Heart is a challenge blog for projects that feature Close to My Heart products. A new project is posted every Monday, and you have the rest of the month to complete the projects.

The third challenge this month is a masculine inspired challenge. This was the perfect opportunity to create a Father's Day card for my awesome husband. I used the Jackson Paper Pack to create a retro suit that my Salvation Army styled husband would totally rock.


I cut the bow tie using the Cricut Artiste cartridge. I absolutely adore this bow! It works as a great accent for a lot of different projects.


The sentiment is the Best Dad Ever stamp set stamped in Cocoa right on the suit design. I thought this stamp had a great throwback feel, just like the suit.


For the inside of the card, I added a sentiment from the same stamp set and some mustache washi tape.


I am also entering this for Color My Heart's Color Dare #146.

Ingredients:
Happy Scrapping, My Artsy Friends!

14 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Great design and paper choice. Thanks for sharing with all of us who frequent H2H!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this shirt card! The bow tie is fabulous and the buttons are perfect. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah-MAZE-ing! So clever and cute. I feel a lift coming on! Thanks for inspiring us at Close To My Heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scraplift away! It was actually pretty easy to make!

      Delete
  4. Such a cute card idea, April! I'm sure your hubby is going to love it as much as the rest of us do! Thanks for joining the Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! He hasn't seen it yet, but I keep telling him what a great response his card has gotten!

      Delete
  5. Congrats on being selected as a Guest Designer at Heart 2 Heart! You've created a wonderful card! I love the folded lapels of the suit and it's side placement on the card. Thanks for sharing this lovely card with us at Color My Heart Color Dare--please join us again soon!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I've never been a Guest Designer before, so it has been very exciting! Thanks for looking!

      Delete